Sunday, September 26, 2010

Recipe 25: Watermelon Limeade

Mmmm...I love a good smoothie...but I must be careful...watermelon has a high sugar content...must drink this with activity of some sort in summer.

Yum. Take 1 small seedless watermelon, cube it, toss it in blender with a little juice to get it started; add 1/2 cup sugar and 1 cup fresh squeezed lime. Allow to chill until cold.

The recipe says to strain out the solids. I find this no fun. I like the thickness of the product I'm drinking and with a little ice it could make a great smoothie. Maybe I should take this to the local coffee shop and suggest a new drink for them;-).

If you are watching your weight, this should replace a snack or at least half of it, or be accompanied by some housecleaning or gardening to keep those extra hundred calories from taking up a permanent residence on your hips, or your belly.
If not, enjoy carefully anyways;-)

I wonder how this will taste with vodka. I will make this recipe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment