Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Recipe 18: Eggplant Relish Crostini

Yummy. Yum, yum. We were hungry when this was finished, but James finished off the bread before he made much of a dent in the relish. The fun part of this dish was watching people either say: "I've never had eggplant," or "I couldn't figure out what those square things were." I did enjoy getting to expose people to a vegetable they may have never tried in a non-threatening way. I believe both people enjoyed it. I used a roasted garlic bread for the first crostini, which James may have liked more than the eggplant relish, but it helped it along. The next day, I tried with a plain french baguette one of us had bought and it was not nearly as good. Though this recipe makes enough for a small party, there's still some in my fridge. As long as its good, I'll serve it with stuffed shells and marinara sauce tomorrow night.
I will definitely make this recipe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment