Monday, September 13, 2010

Recipe 14: Shirred Eggs

So, I wonder if you are thinking: What in the world are shirred eggs? (Insert your own adjective). I certainly was wondering this...I'm still not quire sure. Unless they mean baked eggs with cream and herbs and Swiss cheese, or it could be the ham snuck in underneath. It is easier to say shirred eggs. They're easy to make, though they do prefer specialty cookware...I got to use my french onion soup crocks for the first time...for crocks anyways. but it was really good, and I got five minutes of silence out of those who were eating the dish. As my best friend's dad, Dan, once said, "It must be good, I have quiet." And they can be made to order since they are generally cooked in individual crocks. However, if you don't have individual crocks, use an 8" or 9" square pan or pie pan to make them in and cut them apart. I will definitely be making this recipe again. It was worth the few moments of silence and the later compliment: That was pretty good.
Thanks friends, for enjoying my cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment