Saturday, September 4, 2010

Recipe 11: Herbed Goat-Cheese Buttons

Yummy, rich and decadent, and yet, probably somewhat healthy, within reason, of course.

So, we begin this party with crumbled goat cheese. It was on sale, and 11 ounces of goat cheese is not cheap, plus I'm going to be molding it like play-doh soon enough. But what am I going to do with so much cheese...share it of course. But first, the recipe.

I take the goat cheese, add the chopped herbs, basil, rosemary, dried oregano(I'm fresh out of the fresh), thyme, and add in some minced garlic. If you love garlic like the boyfriend and I do, add a little extra. Then I add in the extra-virgin olive oil and begin playing with my food. I stir it and i squeeze it and form it into a ball. I almost forget the salt and pepper, and pull it out again to work it in. I let it rest for 30 minutes to an hour to stiffen up, and I begin to wonder what I'm going to put it on to taste test it without killing my diet. Crackers won't do, plus I'm fresh out, I spent all my money on goat cheese and herbs to make this recipe;-). So, I spy a bag of apples that were handed to me, and decide to try it at lunch the next day. It turns out it works great, and I take apples and goat cheese to my Tuesday afternoon class. Not everyone tried them, but those who did really enjoyed them.
I will definitely make this recipe again, especially to serve with the apples. I used macintosh, but you're favorite apple should work.
James got to taste test his later, and said they were "really good." I expect he'll be asking for them again as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment