Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Recipe 16: Herb Salad

This salad sounded very good, even interesting, but somethings sound better than they are. I used boston lettuce for the leaf lettuce and kept all else as close as I could to the original. This salad, or the vinaigrette had more of a vinegar taste than I expected. Along with the brine of capers it became too briny or vinegary for my taste. Not my favorite salad ever. Great concept...take every herb you can find and toss them with lettuce, add some lemon and hard boiled eggs...some capers(maybe), and some cheese...and you get a great salad...just don't add too much tarragon or shallot...these are powerful ingredients that could have over powered the salad. I will probably make this again, but not without alterations...and its already a reasonably healthy recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment