Monday, October 4, 2010

Recipe 25: Provencal Style Stuffed Zucchini

Excellent...a little work, but most good food is worth a little work.

This recipe called for 2 cups bread crumbs. Just having received a food processor and since I have a hard time using all the bread I buy or make, I took some day or two-day old bread, cubed it and dropped it in the food processor. Panko, eat your heart out...you can get the best bread crumbs in the world at home for free. I used my brown irish soda bread for this.

The flavors made for a great combination, the sausage gave this dish a nice spice, the parmesan reggiano you grate just before you toss it in adds a pleasant little nip in there and the parsley, garlic and salt and pepper along with some onions make this a near perfect dish. The tomatoes add a great texture and flavor as well.

When zucchini comes back in season next year, I will definitely make this recipe again, especially with the fresh made brown soda bread crumbs and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment