Monday, October 18, 2010

Recipe 32: Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Easy and quick, and mostly affordable...if you're a careful planner. The brussels sprouts may have been the toughest part to prepare, as you need to cut the ends off of each one, then toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper, then set them on an baking sheet in an even layer. I simply lined my baking sheet with parchment paper and baked for about 25 minutes. They shared the oven with the chicken I roasted so they got quite done on top, as they were close to the burner. They still turned out good.
After the sprouts roast, and are lightly caramelized around the edges, toss them with minced garlic, oil, lemon zest and Parmesan. Make sure they are coated evenly, and add more Parmesan. These were excellent, and maybe I was just hungry, but I ate about half a pound of these things, which does equate a serving. When I passed them onto James, they disappeared quickly with the comment: "You can make more of those anytime you want."

The good news is he likes his veggies;-). We will make this recipe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment