Saturday, October 16, 2010

Recipe 28: Sausage Stuffed Bell Peppers

I was amazed when I saw the number of peppers this recipe required, but then I realized it made 4 servings, as most of these recipes do. I purchased all 5 Bell peppers, some red and orange as well as green. Next time, there will be more red and orange than green. I bought sweet italian sausage for this, but not as fresh as the recipe called for. I still ate a fair amount of sausage before it ever made it into the recipe. Then I wonder why I'm not sticking to my diet...diet, schmiet...it was good.
I halved the peppers, seeded them, and I cooked the brown rice. I cooked the sausage first, then I cooked the rest of the fillers--onion, garlic, tomato, salt, pepper. I was supposed to cook them all together it seems, but it still worked out. I began this dish on a tuesday night, and decided I wasn't staying up forever until it was all done. So, I put the components in the fridge and made it Wednesday evening. It turned into a very nice dinner for James and I, we both went back for seconds. I did slice the sausage instead of crumble it, and next time, I might try it crumbled...and with a little more Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese in it. But they had an excellent flavor that spoke of cooking that you only get when you go home, or in my case...to grandma's house;-).

I will definitely make this recipe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment