Sunday, August 29, 2010

Recipe 9: Cilantro Pesto

This recipe may obtain credit for breaking my blender. Oops. When you do not own a food processor, you find yourself using the blender in its place. I wonder if there is a chef out there who uses good old elbow grease over fancy breakable machines...Probably not many. On the simplicity hand, I can't blame them. I will say this, its my fault, not the cilantro's or the blender's. I simply should have chopped everything that went into the blender. Now I need to post my need for a blender on freecycle;-). 

Alas, I didn't realize this until after I realized just how good and dreamy the cilantro pesto was. I'll be looking for excuses to finish it off. Its a quick, easy, and simple recipe--and the best ones are. I enjoyed making this recipe, the pumpkins seeds are a great addition, and I sometimes catch myself sneaking into the fridge and eating this stuff on a spoon by itself. I probably shouldn't, but as long as I have only a bite or two, I'm still being healthier than if I made pasta to go with it. 

I may try it over new baby potatoes though. I think it would be a healthier use for this excellent dish that will have a fun and interesting flavor. 

I will make this dish again, probably as soon as I have a blender or food processor. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment