Sunday, May 8, 2011

Recipe 90: Roasted Red Pepper Coulis

The challenge: Finding the directions and roasting the red peppers while making a risotto. Next time, I know to make this recipe ahead of time. But the directions are pretty simple, and I thought the Note: was the directions. They were snuck in above it.

Pretty simple, I roasted two bell peppers that totaled nearly 1#. Then I toasted and slightly burned some pine nuts after the "risotto" was done. Pine nuts are expensive, so I tossed them in slightly burned. Fortunately, they are not as sensitive as sesame seeds. They still worked. I added red wine vinegar-which is centrally located on my new lazy-susan on my counter and works well for the organization phase of my kitchen. Then I added Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, fresh parsley, fresh basil leaves, lemon juice-again, fresh, some extra virgin olive oil(the good stuff), salt and pepper.

I then hit the pulse button on the food processor as directed and created a nice sauce for Recipe 89: Swiss Chard Boules filled with Lemon Barley "Risotto"

I will definitely make this recipe again, with the Swiss Chard Boules or even for a steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment