Sunday, November 21, 2010

Recipe 42: Broccoli Rabe

After 41 good recipes by Emeril, some great and worth making again(as in, I already have, or am), I have found one that I will definitely not make again. However, I still feel Emeril is a genius about food, most of the time. Unfortunately, the bitterness of this vegetable, broccoli rabe, also known as rapini, almost made dandelion greens look sweet. The almost is key here, because dandelion greens are one of the most bitter foods I know. Even James did not finish this dish.

If you are one of the five or so people in the world who loves broccoli rabe, I say more power to ya. And for those five, or for the sake of no one thinking I boiled the flavor right on out of these greens, here is what goes into them: olive oil, crushed red pepper, garlic-thinly sliced, chicken stock and salt.

It was simple and quick to prepare, which was nice on a week-night, but it was just too bitter for our tastes. Good luck with your own greens/cole crops.

Sorry, Emeril, I will not make this recipe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment