Saturday, December 4, 2010

Recipe 44: Roasted Tomatillo Salsa

While I'm still a fan of the regular salsa with regular tomatoes, this salsa will take a new place in my recipe book. Made according to the recipe, it is a very good mix...if I recall correctly, James thought it had too much lime, which means I thought it was just about enough. All it needs are some bite size Hint of Lime Tortilla chips. I have not found them in bite size, but I keep hoping.

I thought this would take more work than using tomatoes, because tomatillos have to be husked and rinsed, but they didn't. I did soak them in a bowl of cool water rather than simply rinse them. Then they sliced in half quite easily, I chopped the onions into pieces, and added the garlic to the pan. Once I drizzled the vegetables and garlic in oil, I roasted them in the oven for about 15 minutes.

Then I put them in the food processor with the chopped jalapeno lemon juice and lime zest(I was fresh out of limes) some salt and pepper, and pulsed a couple of times. Then I poured it into a bowl, and made that a major part of my dinner for the night.

I ended up with a very good sweet tasting salsa, that a single person can easily polish off in a week. I nearly polished it off that night. Quick, easy, good, and homemade. I will definitely make this recipe again...watch the news front, I get to cook lobster for the first time soon. Before Christmas, for those of you who need a time frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment